Cold weather can cause flu or any other health problem. It is essential to take precautions and keep ourselves and our homes as warm as possible. The following tips can help you a great deal:
1. One of the ways you can keep warm is to insulate your clothes. By doing so, you will keep the warmth inside the clothes and the cold will be left out.
2. Keep your house warm. If it is too costly to keep your whole house warm then atleast keep the living room warm where people spend their time. During nighttime, you can keep your bedroom warm just half an hour or so before going to bed.
3. You can use oil heaters to keep your home warm. Sometimes, for enclosed spaces, gas heaters are not suitable. Get expert advice here..
4. Whatever heater you are using in the bedroom, don’t forget to open the door or window a little for ventilation.
5. If you use electric blanket then be a little bit extra careful.. Get it checked every couple of years to ensure it is working properly and hence safe to use.
6. It would be better to wear plenty of thin layers of clothes on the body rather than a single layer.
7. Feet are also vulnerable to cold. Keep them covered with socks.. Electric foot warmer might also be helpful in keeping the feet warm.
8. Do not expose your neck and ears to the cold. Keep them nicely covered..
9. Keep the main house door closed and probably have heavy curtains inside the house.
10. Some of the ways you can stay active are running, exercising or performing household chores.. It is best not to sit idle for long periods of time.
11. Make sure that there are no problems with the house heating system..
12. Check and seal any gaps in doors and windows or else cold air might come inside and cause discomfort.
13. Sipping hot drinks like tea or coffee might also help, but its best not to overdo this.
14. It might not be wise to venture outside of the house unnecessarily. Stay indoors as much as possible.
15. When you return home from work, try to avoid going out frequently without any proper reason. Manage outside work in such a manner that outside trips are minimized.
One way to do this is to do a lot of things at one time while going out. Also stock up provisions in order to avoid going out frequently, specially if its too cold.
Don’t forget to draw the curtains as soon as evening approaches and the cold increases.. Draw the house curtains when it gets dark. This is because more heat may escape through the windows than the doors. In order to keep as much heat inside as possible, make sure to draw curtains as evening approaches.
17. It is also necessary to economize. So heat only those rooms which you occupy.
You can find more tips here – ways to keep warm outside