Some people might tell you that the best thing to do is let your body deal with the pimple on its own without popping, sooner or later, the pimple will go away on its own. Well….. this deal works but some pimples seem to never go away and do we really want to walk around with a bulging white zit for the world to see? Nope I don’t think SO!
Therefore what should we do?
It is important to know that when done properly, popping a pimple can actually be a good thing because it helps with the healing process. This technique that I am about to show you is best done after a warm shower and when the skin is supple. Try this technique on pimples that are”ripe”, meaning that you can see the white “pus” at the tip. If you do not see the white “pus”, chances are, the sebum is trapped deep inside the skin, any effort, therefore of trying to pop these types of pimples will be painful and ineffective.
The safe way to pop a pimple
- Disinfect a needle! Do this with rubbing alcohol. Use a sharp sewing needle
- Wash your hands clean with soup and water
- Gently and lightly prick the pimple’s surface, try to puncture the skin
- At this point, the pus inside the skin should come out, (depending on size of pimple)
- Wrap your 2 index fingers with tissue.
- Gently squeeze the pimple from the sides using a down-and-in motion. Don’t force it. If the pimple doesn’t pop, leave it. Stop if clear fluid or blood starts to come out
Do not attempt to pop pimples that are not ready. These dry and hard pimples are called cyst. To handle with these, see a dermatologist. Often dermatologists will accept a quick “emergency” appointment for such matters.
Popping pimples can be safe and effective if you do it the right way. Although these white pimples with “pus” can be annoying. You only need to take up the courage to pop them once and for all. Remember, personal hygene can sometimes be a heavy component as well.
Some times, people mistaken other white pimple like bumps that grow on the skin to be pimples. To verify exactly what is it that is growing on your skin, visit the Popping Pimples Blog where you will find lots of free information on pimples (such as milia) that grow on your skin and how to deal with them. This includes pimples that may grow in your private areas as well!!